Thursday, July 17, 2014
Sweet and Sticky Agave Sesame Chick'n
Just as good as Chinese take out. The sauce is slightly sweet with a hint of spiciness. I choose to serve mine with some veggie egg rolls, brown rice and fresh fruit.
1 package of Gardein Chick'n scallopini
1/3 cup agave
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2/3 cup water
1 Tb cornstarch
1/2 tsp ground ginger or 1/2 grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp-1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
4 green onions, chopped
1 Tb sesame seeds, toasted
1. Cook chick'n according to directions on packet. Once cooked, slice each cutlet into 6 proportional pieces. Set aside.
2. Mix agave, soy sauce, water, cornstarch, ginger and red pepper flakes in a medium sized bowl.
3. Continue to whisk until no corn starch lumps appear.
4. Pour sauce, along with the chick'n, in a medium sized skillet.
5. Cook under medium heat until sauce slightly thickens.
6. You may add more water if sauce is too thick.
7. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Posted by Jacklyn at 1:42 AM