Brownies, who doesn't love them. I thought I'd make these for my boyfriend as a nice surprise, since brownies are his absolute favorite. I added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for an extra something. This batter is really easy to make and there is hardly any work needed. Eat these alone or with a big scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream as the ultimate dessert.
* 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips, divided
* 1/4 cup non dairy milk
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. Melt 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips, either using a double broiler or by placing them on high in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir the partially melted chocolate chips and microwave again for 30 seconds.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the non daily milk, sugar, canola oil and vanilla extract. Mix on high speed for 1 minute.
4. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until well mixed. Then mix in the melted chocolate chips.
5. Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Spread the batter in the baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool. To serve warm, allow to cool for about 30 minutes. Slice and serve.