My favorite type of muffins have always been chocolate chip. I thought I'd make a batch but chocolate chip alone sounded a little boring. So I decided to spice these muffins up with some bananas and walnuts. The result was something that tasted very similar to banana nut bread but had a slightly sweeter taste because of the chocolate chips.
So now that you know my favorite muffin, whats yours? Blueberry? Poppy Seed? Something else? Please share, I'm curious in knowing : ]
Printer Friendly Recipe Here
Makes about 10 muffins
* 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup unprocessed sugar
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1/2 cup vegan plain yogurt or vanilla yogurt
* 1 tsp vanilla extract ( if using plain yogurt or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract if using vanilla yogurt )
* 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
* 3/4 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
* 1/2 chopped walnuts
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine the canola oil, yogurt and vanilla extract.
3. Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
4. Fold in bananas, chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 F for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely on a wire rack.