Thursday, March 24, 2011

Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins



My favorite type of muffins have always been chocolate chip. I thought I'd make a batch but chocolate chip alone sounded a little boring. So I decided to spice these muffins up with some bananas and walnuts. The result was something that tasted very similar to banana nut bread but had a slightly sweeter taste because of the chocolate chips.

So now that you know my favorite muffin, whats yours? Blueberry? Poppy Seed? Something else? Please share, I'm curious in knowing : ]

Printer Friendly Recipe Here

Makes about 10 muffins

Ingredients
* 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup unprocessed sugar
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1/2 cup vegan plain yogurt or vanilla yogurt
* 1 tsp vanilla extract ( if using plain yogurt or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract if using vanilla yogurt )
* 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
* 3/4 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
* 1/2 chopped walnuts

Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

2. In another bowl, combine the canola oil, yogurt and vanilla extract.

3. Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.


4. Fold in bananas, chocolate chips and walnuts.

5. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 F for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely on a wire rack.

21 comments:

  1. Mmm, your muffins look delish. I love how high they rose. I have a sweet treat linky party on my blog starting tonight and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I'm a big fan of the banana chocolate chip combo. My most favorite is pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read my list of vegan blogs in a while, and I just came on today looking for banana muffins! Perfect :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite is blueberry, your muffins look delicious! ill definitely try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another mouth watering muffin...makes me want some with a tall glass of cold non-dairy milk...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the combination of banana and chocolate and nuts together. I sometimes do a banana bread like that. Gorgeous muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these today and they are incredible! My friend was even impressed at how good they were (she's skeptical of vegan baked goods, psh). Thanks for the awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, my husband would love these, he's a big fan of the banana/chocolate combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing. Thanks for sharing.


    We invite you to share this post and some of your favorite food posts on Food Frenzy.
    Please check out our community at http://blogstew.net/foodfrenzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Banana choc chip is my favourite kind of muffin too & yours look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gauri Radha गौरी राधाMay 7, 2011 at 2:04 AM

    These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing such good stuff recipe.For Such Amazing Best WhatsApp Sttaus just vist Best WhatsApp Status

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!
    Anti-Valentine Day
    Confession Day Images
    Missing Day Images
    Flirting Day Images
    slap day images
    kick day images
    perfume day images

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jobs Chat is one of the biggest Indian Job Site so here you will getAll Government jobs Syllabusso

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visit us now to view & share beautiful collection of Best Images of
    chocolate day images

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me.
    bridal mehndi designs for full hands front and back
    lehenga blouse designs
    very simple mehndi designs for beginners for hand
    sleeveless blouse designs

    ReplyDelete
  17. i was unaware of these techniques.Thanks for sharing.
    cartoonhd

    ReplyDelete