Thursday, May 31, 2012
This dish is perfect for summer, whether it be for a little picnic outside or for a fancy get together dinner with your friends. The colors from all the veggies are so bright and although this pasta maybe be a bit simple, it is loaded with flavor.
* 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
* 2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
* 2 squashes, thinly sliced
* 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
* 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin stripes
* 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin stripes
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 Tb dried Italian herbs
* 1 lb bow tie pasta
* 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a large heavy baking sheet, toss all the vegetables with the olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian herbs to coat. Transfer half of the vegetable mixture to another heavy baking sheet and arrange evenly. Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown. Stir after the first ten minutes and allow it to bake for 20 minutes total.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
4. Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixture in a large bowl to combine. Toss with cherry tomatoes and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan and serve immediately.
Posted by Jacklyn at 2:44 AM