I love making this dressing on special occasions. The capers are used in substitution of anchovies and the nutritional yeast for Parmesan. It does a great job in mimicking an authentic caesar dressing taste. If you don't like a strong garlic taste, I suggest using only 1 or 2 cloves, instead of the recommended 3.
But overall, it's my favorite dressing and everyone who has tried it, always loves it. I would make this more often but because of the high amounts of olive oil and mayonnaise, it is high in fat and calories. For this reason, I like to only serve it only with special meals.
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1 Tb capers, drained
* 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
* 1 Tb white miso paste
* 2 Tb nutritional yeast flakes
* 1/2 Tb light agave nectar
* 1 cup olive oil
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 small heads romaine lettuce, shredded
* 1 cup vegan croutons ( I wasn't able to find so I substituted shredded carrots and celery instead )
Makes 4 Servings
1. In a small food processor, mince the garlic and capers. Add the mayonnaise, miso paste, nutritional yeast, agave nectar, and 1/2 cup water and pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream. Continue to blend until emulsified, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the lettuce and croutons in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss well to coat.