This meal is great for one of those days that you don't really feel like cooking but still want a home cooked meal. It has to be the fastest and easiest pasta that I have made. The taste is exactly the same as traditional alfredo sauce but without all the fat and calories. I added broccoli and peas to this version but I have also added roasted red bell pepper and pine nuts before. Don't be afraid to play around and experiment by adding different vegetables to it.
Makes 4 Servings
* 1 lb fettuccine pasta noodles
* 2 cups of broccoli, steamed
* 1/2 cup peas
* 1 Pkg. low fat silken tofu
* 3 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
* 1/4 cup vegan soy Parmesan cheese
* 2T nutritional yeast
* veggie broth
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the fettuccine noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until it's al dente. Drain and keep aside.
2. Blend all sauce ingredients, adding enough broth to make a smooth and creamy consistency and heat gently.
3. To serve, divide the noodles between 4 plates. Add enough sauce to each and top with freshly steamed broccoli and peas.