After not having a real oven for a little more than two years, I finally purchased one today! I can't tell you how happy this makes me. An oven really is necessary for so many recipes, desserts and main. I always thought that I would have to buy a full stove/oven set and never knew the possibilities with toaster ovens until Kelly posted about her wonderful new convection toaster oven. I started saving up and researching and I ended up buying Breville's Smart Oven. It does everything a traditional oven would do but does not heat up the room. It's great for me because I mostly only cook for my boyfriend and myself.
So getting this today, the first thing I did was rush to the kitchen and start baking. I chose to do banana nut bread because I have never had a vegan version before. I really couldn't taste the difference between this and one that would contain eggs. It was really moist and so yummy! I really enjoy eating this for breakfast with a hot cup of peppermint tea.
P.S. Taffy says hi : ]
* 1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
* 2 tsp Baking Powder
* 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 3/4 Cup non-processed white or brown sugar
* 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
* Equivalent of 2 Eggs Using Egg Replacer
* 2-3 Ripe Bananas Mashed
* 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
* 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients. Stir in nuts, egg replacer, bananas, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-60 mins (until knife comes out clean).
4. Cool for 5 mins before removing from pan. Cool on wire rack.