So I had a lot of cranberries left over from Thanksgiving and I didn't really know what to do with them. Then the idea of a yummy pastry bread came to my mind. This bread is perfect to go with your coffee on a cold morning or as a great mid-day snack. It has a slight tartness from the cranberries but is also really sweet because of the orange juice. If any of you have leftover cranberries, as I did, I suggest you try out this recipe. You won't be disappointed! : ]
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 Tb orange zest grated
* 1 1/2 cup cranberries
* 1/4 cup margarine, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* egg replacer, equivalent of 1 egg
* 3/4 cup orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in orange zest and cranberries. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and egg replacement until light and fluffy. Stir in orange juice.
4. Beat in flour mixture until moistened. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.