Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Seven Layer Dip and a WayFare Review





Okay this was just suppose to be a review on a new product I tried but I ended up going all out and made this amazing dip. The product I wanted to review is called WayFare "We Can't Say It's Cheese." I purchased it at my local Whole Foods and decided to go with the Mexi Cheddar flavor because I wanted to make this dip. They have four different flavors, if this one doesn't sound like it would be your fav ( cheddar spread, hickory cheddar, cheddar sauce and of course Mexi Cheddar ).

It tastes great as a dip alone with tortilla chips or you can use it with tons of different recipes, some that are listed on their site here. The price was $3.99 for an 8 oz container. Using this definitely did help to complete the taste of my dip. I don't think it would've been half as good without it. Try it if you happen to run across it at your local market.

For everyone that has been saying that they cannot find any in their area, I found this site that sells it but the sad news is that they only ship in the United States. I hope I helped some
http://store.veganessentials.com/we-cant-say-its-cheese-spreads-and-dips-by-wayfare-foods-p2891.aspx

( if having trouble reading, click on image to view larger )

Okay now for the seven layer dip. Here is what I put in mine

Ingredients
* 4 cups of refried beans ( love this recipe )
* vegan sour cream ( I used Tofutti sour cream )
* guacamole ( made from 2 avocados )
* pico de gallo salsa ( recipe here, pulsed a few times in the blender )
* cheddar sauce ( used the product above )
* diced tomatoes ( I used 2 roma tomatoes )
* chives
* 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese ( I used Daiya Cheddar )
* organic corn tortilla chips

Directions
1. Really easy, basically just layer each ingredient in small serving sized cups or in one large casserole dish.

30 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. I love all the colors and textures. I have tried that cheese, and I agree it is good. I really like the hickory flavor one, it goes great with mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO delicious. I love seven layer dip, but when I make it, I've just been mixing chili powder or taco seasoning into Tofutti cream cheese to fill the "creamy part" requirement. This looks even better -- I can't wait to try Mexi Cheddar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose - I must try the hickory flavor next! It sounds so good as well

    Stephanie - Yay! I am glad you're willing to try it next time. Yeah, I would say its a lot better than just mixing sour cream. I hope you like it as much as I did : ]

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! YUM, this looks delicious. I've tried the hickory flavored Wayfare cheese, but now I'm def. going to branch out ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. And bookmarked. I have been craving this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have some left, next time I am coming over after doing a gig in LA

    ReplyDelete
  7. wayfare not-cheeses are super awesome, perhaps bested only by your presentation! i am now thinking of excuses for a mexican food dinner party, where everyone gets their own individual layer dip!

    (that will never happen. more likely, i'll make a huge batch and eat it all myself.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well hellloooo gorgeous! That looks A-MAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I'd like that for dinner please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogged at Vegan.com.

    I blog food photos once or twice a day and this is the most delicious looking item I've seen in months. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree more with your commenters who say that the Hickory flavor is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super yay! the presentation is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your recipe sounds great - I'm adding the ingredients to my shopping list right now. I have not tried the Wayfare cheese - I'll have to look for it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous presentation. I've got to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how those layers stand out in the clear container! I checked to see if I can get Wayfare in my area.... nope. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dip looks super SEXY! Yes, sexy...that's how I feel about it. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow thank you everyone for all the nice comments. Its funny cause I really didn't like this picture..had no idea everyone would love it. Thank you again : ]

    ReplyDelete
  18. How did I miss this? I've gotta make something like this-it's too delicious and pretty looking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's out of control! What a great idea! Scheese do a Mexican-style vegan cream cheese here in the UK, so I might have to give that a go for our next Big Night In! Ruby Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. My mom used to make seven layer dip in a giant glass bowl. I love the idea of a tiny glass version!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautful! Someone on PPK linked this post, such a great dish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gauri Radha गौरी राधाMay 7, 2011 at 2:10 AM

    Your vegan seven-layer dip looks splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the individual serving! What a fabulous idea! I hope you don't mind that I shared this on my blog...come visit me!

    -Shara from
    www.palmettosandpigtails.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great info about the vegan cheese dip and fabulous idea and presentation. I just pinned it. My first time here , so I can't wait to go through your blog.I'm now following and would love a follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just have to let you know that I just pinned this about 15 minutes ago and I already got an email that over 115 people repinned it.. What a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete